Calibration is a set of actions, which are carried out under prescribed environmental conditions, to establish a correlation between the value measured by a measuring instrument, the existing value of material measure or reference material and the value which have been reproduced according to the standard of the unit of measure concerned.
The Regulations No.693 of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Latvia state requirements for calibration of measuring instruments, as well as the list of measuring instruments for calibration and calibration periodicity in Latvia.
In the mandatory scope laboratory is accredited to perform calibration of:
- metal capacity measures for alcohol and petroleum products,
- storage tanks for alcohol and petroleum products,
- consumption meters, which are not built-in tanks or measuring systems, for alcohol and petroleum products,
- automatic level gauges for measuring the level of liquid in stationary storage tanks,
- pressure gauges installed in the pressure equipment and manufactured in accordance with the normative acts on pressure equipment, except pressure gauges which are subject to verification in accordance with the normative acts on the State metrological control of measuring instruments subject list,
- multimeters (voltmeters, ammeters, wattmeters),
- current clamps,
- ohmeters, megohmmeters, earth resistance meters,
- thermometers for measuring temperature of alcohol and petroleum products,
- explosive gas concentrations detectors.
V&V VentMet laboratory Ltd. performs calibration of the following measuring instruments in the accredited scope, by ensuring the traceability of measurements to the national and international standards: