Received LVS EN ISO/IEC 17025 and 17020, as well as LVS EN ISO/IEC 17065 certificates serve as the internationally recognized acknowledgement for the company’s management, its clients and community that the laboratory ensures constant high-quality services, continuously develops and is a reliable partner for both existing and potential clients.
V&V VentMet laboratory Ltd. uses its own developed methods, International Standards, European Union Directives, as well as the requirements set by the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Latvia in its operations, performing calibration, testing, verification, conformity assessment and certification of measuring instruments.
The laboratory regularly participates in interlaboratory comparative calibration programs to maintain its competence.
Ensure traceability to international and company’s operational standards.
Constantly improve the competence and knowledge of employees.
Introduce ever new technologies into the company’s operation by using new equipment.
Comply with highest ethical requirements in its work.
Take care of the maintenance and improvement of the environment.
- The beginnings of the laboratory are in 1994 with the establishment of V&V Ltd. on the basis of the former weighing instruments repair plant
- In 2001 V&V Ltd. establishes a new structural unit – the VentMet verification and calibration laboratory
- In 2003 accreditation is received for the verification and calibration of measuring instruments subject to the state metrological control
- In January 2006 the activities of one of the currently leading laboratories in Latvia begin when V&V VentMet laboratory Ltd. takes over the operation and fields of V&V Ltd.
- In January 2007 the newly created laboratory receives accreditation for calibration in accordance with LVS EN ISO/IEC 17025 and for inspection as a group A inspection body in accordance with LVS EN ISO/IEC 17020
- In 2007 V&V VentMet laboratory Ltd. becomes the Notified Body of the European Commission under the number 1917 with the right to perform conformity assessment procedures of non-automatic weighing instruments throughout the European Union in accordance with the Directive 2009/23/EC (2014/31/EU starting from 20.04.2016)
- In 2009 Certification Centre is established and accreditation is received for product certification in accordance with LVS EN ISO/IEC 17065 (previously LVS EN 45011) expanding the scope of institution with the certification of water meters and heat meters in accordance with the Directive 2004/22/EC (2014/32/EU starting from 20.04.2016)
- At the beginning of 2010 the Notified Body broadens its scope with module F of water meters, heat meters, gas meters and volume conversion devices, measuring systems for liquids other than water and length measuring instruments.
- At the end of 2010 the laboratory continue to expand and receive accreditation for technical inspections of storage reservoirs of dangerous substances and technological equipment in fuel filling stations
- In 2011 the activities of testing laboratory begins, accreditation is obtained for non-destructive testing with ultrasonic method of metal products and welded joints